Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Post Hosp Day Seventeen Summary: Keeping My Mouth Shut

I've been told many times that I talk too much, today is yet more evidence of this. My forced homestay has reduced me to reading the local newspaper. It's considered complete trash, and usually takes about a minute to read. I read a story last week that particularly irked me, something about the government wasting $150,000 on a stupid project, and before I knew it I had written a letter in to the editor about it.

I've been checking the newspaper daily just in case it got published, and today it was. This is kinda cool, but while reading over the letter I think I may have been a little bit harsh - my letter ends with something like "the government should be ashamed at this clear case of financial mismanagement". While I've probably gotten a bit carried away, I'm not too worried, I can't imagine many people reading my letter, it is the local crappy newspaper after all!

WRONG! Got a call from the local news station, they want to interview me about my letter. Oh dear....... I really need to learn to keep my mouth shut!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really do need to get out of the house! But did you really get a call from the news? Are you now deciding to go into politics or just be a general critic about all the crap in the paper? You know it's really quite hard to find a story that's good that wasn't in the paper a week ago saying something that was bad ie car crashed by 17yo who's in a critical condition and may die!!. . . . Whoo hoo the 17yo is now out and about with only a few bruises. That sort of thing.

10:52 AM  
Blogger C'est la vie!! said...

LOL...how cool is that....

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home