Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Hi Ho Hi Ho it's off to hospital I go.......

I awaken from an uneasy sleep to the sound of three alarms blaring - I guess i'm not sleeping through the surgery today.

I'm showered, trimmed down under and debating which perfume to wear - I have to be at my best for these nurses after all. I've found some underwear with no holes, and given them a quick iron. I've managed to find a small bottle of mouthwash that I have stolen from a hotel on a previous adventure, giving me a nice fresh breath.

I didn't dream last night, but I remember talking to my girlfriend's sister before going to sleep, and she was enthusiasticaly demanding to be the one to take naked portraits of me before the surgery! I think the lack of blood to my brain from my faulty heart is beginning to make me delusional.

I now understand the term knots in my stomach, food would probably help this. Unfortunately I have to fast before the surgery. Being denied food is like depriving a bear of honey, it's just not fair!

It's funny, i'm not worried about the procedures today. The only thing i'm worried about is the pain. I have a LOW pain tolerance. Yes I am probably the world's biggest wuss!

Well I guess it's time to go. I'm looking forward to today, it will be reassuring to know exactly what is wrong with my heart, and when we can fix it. Just shuddering thinking about the pain though. I'm going to ask for a general anaesthetic, I hope they give it to me!

1 Comments:

Blogger JoyJoy said...

ME 'enthusiastically demanding' to take photos of your naked chest?! *gag* Yep definitely, you are delusional from the lack of proper blood circulation!
triple *gag*

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home