Thursday, November 02, 2006

The better half?

There's a list of unwritten rules that come with living together with someone. They range from levels of cleanliness (read rosters for doing the dishes and vacuuming) to concepts of personal space (read the girl gets the entire wardrobe, and a large portion of storage space in the bathroom!). While most of these rules are quite obvious, for the average man they constitute a minefield that must be navigated with great care - any false step can lead to serious repurcussions (read crazed irrational screaming fit!).

Take for example tonight. It seems that I accidently used the wrong toothbrush. Apparently, this is considered extremely gross in some parts of the world (the female parts). Me? I don't see the fuss. But no, this insignificant incident is enough to launch into a hissy fit of epic proportions! I can't help but imagine if this is seriously how major arguments around the world begin? Maybe Saddam accidently used George's toothbrush? Or vice versa? Maybe the real reason for Brad and Jen breaking up was an innocent toothbrush mistake? And they call themselves the better half?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHOA! Just because you got 4min 37secs of massage last night instead of the 5 minutes that you requested, you don't have to rant on and on about me.

But yes I'm still GROSSED out (and rightly so I should be) by my toothbrush cleaning ur gums and teeth. Better be nicer to me, otherwise this french maid will be hanging up her feather duster and frilly apron soon...

12:59 PM  
Blogger JoyJoy said...

Eeekkk how gross, Yvette!! I hope you threw the tootbrush away immediately and get a whole new one and keep it under lock and key!!
Boy, enjoy it whilst you can, these pamperings will stop once your heart gets plugged back into this original shape.

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truth be told Rog, I'm a female and if my partner used my toothbrush it wouldn't bother me at all. I think that not all females would be grossed out by this. I'm sure you guys kiss so whats the difference between a toothbrush or a tongue. However, if it was someone else other than my partner then thats another matter all together. :-)

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home