Monday, January 01, 2007

Heart Health Update

I guess it's been a while since you've all had an update on the health of my heart, so it's time to fill you in. My scar is healing well - it's a lot thinner than I had imagined pre-surgery, about 1mm in thickness. There is a variable amount of pain through my chest, which I think is just the muscles knitting back together after they were cut apart. It hurts most in the morning when I wake up, but is fairly bearable throughout the rest of the day. Paracetamol doesn't seem to put a dent into the discomfort so I don't bother taking it anymore.

Probably the thing that is bothering me more than the pain is the general tiredness and exhaustion that I have been feeling every day. I'm putting it down to the running around and excitement over the visit of our guests. More likely it's payback for my over-enthusiasm earlier in my recovery when I felt so good that I might have overdone it a little bit - and am paying for it now.

The million dollar question is how does my heart feel? Well, dunno cos i can't really feel it. However, I can say quite definitively that it works a hell of a lot better than before surgery! I went for a morning walk with Yvette's mom yesterday morning, for about 35 minutes up and down some rather tough hills. I'm glad to say that I passed with flying colours - in fact I felt tremendous! I'm certainly feeling confident that the recovery is going well, and that my heart is fixed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great news. I'm glad your feeling better.
Dess

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home