Saturday, October 21, 2006

America bashing

My grad student friend in the States emailed me this morning - it's nice to hear from her. She did point out that my vitriol over Americans and prescription meds was a bit harsh. To any Americans reading it, please don't be too offended, it was meant to be tongue in cheek. Having said all of that, I recently watched SuperSize Me for the first time last week, and was both amazed and scared. I didn't realise that there were so many big Ms, so densely packed within cities. And while Spurlock doesn't surprise me with his "eat macs all day for a month and I'll get supremely sick" lesson, I have to say there is nothing better than a bacon and egg Mcmuffin after a big night out!

For anyone interested, do check out the top 300 prescription drugs in the US, and the quantity prescribed in 2005. Thanks to C for the link!

In the meantime, it's time for lunch and I think i'll have some big "M", some of Mum's big serving of food!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home