Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Handsome Cardiologist

We saw Rog's handsome cardiologist today. The first time he walked past, he was bopping along to sounds from the trademark white earphones in his ears. Very hip - I wonder what's on his Ipod. The second time he walked past, we see him in time to wave to him. He stops to say hello.

We tell him Rog's surgery went well and his recovery is progressing along nicely. He is visibly relieved and pleased when he finds out the valve was repaired, not replaced. He tried to ring Rog on the day of the op, he says, but Rog had already gone into theatre. So he'll drop in to say hello on Friday.

For the few minutes we chatted, I sensed a genuine warmth and empathy. He was extremely nice, great body language and showed concern for Rog and his family too.

To be honest I was abit surprised. Rog had always liked his handsome cardiologist - confident in his ability and thought he was nice. Myself though had found handsome cardiologist's manner a tad abrupt for my liking. I certainly had no doubt about his ability. I'd pegged him as a high-energy, competent, Type-A personality kinda guy. But I had grumbled to Rog before about tiny nuances in his manner which made me not like him entirely.

Today after chatting to him, I changed my mind. He was so nice I could feel myself melting.

I think I prefer if he wasn't too nice. Handsome cardiologist + highly competent + great personality = lethal combination. He was making my heart flutter, if he continues being nice, I'd be needing a heart doctor myself in no time.

PS British HR professional who has requested I keep an eye out for cute doctors to send their way, sorry but his handsome cardiologist is married with kids. You might have to stick to your Scottish doctor for now...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's just typical, the good ones normally fit into 3 types: 1)Gay 2)Good friend 3)Attached... unfortunately for me most of my male friends are one or all three of the above; the fortunate bit is that you can keep friends for life.

Hey, just need to clarify this: the Scottish doctor is not mine, I am only 2nd in line ;p... and that is only if the certain IT Professional in UK doesn't want him...

For the sake of my mother's health, Yvette, please keep looking...

HR Professional

9:31 AM  
Blogger groodle said...

Oooh, thnx for mentioning the IT professional first.. I've been wanting to but not brave enough!! Am hoping to get a air ticket pressie, so being on best behaviour.

But dare I say Scottish Dr is probably thinking - doesn't matter which professional, the more the merrier!

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a lot less at stake, may only miss out a few yummy home cook meals... yes, Yvette must continue to be on best behavior... are you getting the ticket to come see the Queen? Or me perhaps?

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home