Monday, November 13, 2006

World's Shortest Heart Surgery!

Checked into hospital at 2pm, met the surgeon, nurses, anaesthetist, and physio. Had an ECG taken, blood pressure etc. Checked out of the hospital at 5.15pm. I'm now back at home having dinner!

Yvette and I are laughing our heads off! We spent all afternoon in hospital, basically staring at the clock as time slowly passed by, completely bored out of our minds. After seeing all of the team, it was clear that the only thing left to do was eat dinner, shower and go to sleep. And it wasn't even 5pm! I couldn't bear to spend more time in my room with nothing to do, so I asked the nurse whether we could go out for a while - she talks to the resident and lets us know that we can go out until just before 8pm! Without another word, we're out the door in a flash, laughing all the way!

So i'm enjoying my last few hours of freedom before surgery in the comforts of home. This little distraction is the perfect pre-surgery medicine! :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home