Thursday, November 09, 2006

Photograph Model for an Hour

After several bumps and mis-starts, Yvette has arranged for me to get my all important topless photographs taken professionally. Yvette found the photographer in the phonebook - and was drawn to her because in a previous incarnation she was a medical researcher, just like me. And also, she didn't sound as stuck up as some of the other professional snappers! Or charge $500 for one photo!!

The day has been jampacked, with meeting after meeting. I pop into the salon to get my hair trimmed for the shoot. The counter chick nearly dies when she hears about my heart, but my stylist just shrugs it off like yesterday's news. Unfortunately my hectic schedule leaves me running late, so I don't have time to prepare myself properly. I arrive home to pick up Yvette, who has spent the entire day picking out special clothes and putting on makeup, and hurriedly whack some moisturiser on my face, a bit of lipbalm, and then off we go.

We arrive at the photographer's, and have a quick chat. She seems very nice, talks alot, and has a wonderfully distinctive laugh. We head downstairs to the studio, and she explains that we'll take a heap of photos, some with my clothes on, some without, some with Yvette, some without. Damn - should have worn some better clothes! Mid session it's time to strip down to my chest. Deflatingly, the photographer doesn't really like the look, although she does snap a few shots. I ham up a few as well, looking at non-existent muscles while flexing my arm. Overall, maybe 5-6 topless shots, and 20-30 others. There better be a good one of my unscarred chest!

During the photoshoot I am actually quite relaxed. I normally hate photos taken of moir, but in this case the photographer's friendliness made the entire experience enjoyable.

Unfortunately the photos won't be ready until after the surgery because she has a big backlog. But I don't mind that so much, at least my chest has now been forever engraved in time - although there are also the photos from the time we stayed in the spa suite while on holidays last year........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home