Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Visitors Galore

Seems like there is a run-out sale on airfares to Australia at the moment. My mom’s identical twin sister is coming over to visit from overseas. She is fast – booked her ticket today and is coming on Saturday. She would have come earlier but she has a lunch date on Friday! My aunty is awesome, and I can’t wait to see her! Everything they say about identical twins is true – when they are together it’s like something magical. Also, something very painful to the ears – they don’t shut up! :o) Her daughter who is currently working in London was also hoping to come, but unfortunately can’t. It’s sad I won’t see my cousin, she’s very funny and I don’t see her enough. Hopefully I’ll pay her a visit in the UK next year instead. My mom’s younger sister is also flying in later on in the month, just for the night. Two is trouble, three is more than a crowd. Three of them together is a disaster! I’m going to get myself some earmuffs in preparation. My brother is also coming back from the UK some time soon, it will be good to have some male company in the house!

Two of mom’s bestest friends, who live in Hong Kong, are also very keen to come and visit. They are the loveliest couple, and we’ve known them since I was a little tacker. They’ll probably make their way over later in the month also.

Yvette’s family are heading over from overseas in the middle of next month for Christmas. The oyster farmer told us a great story about in-laws on the weekend. He saw his mate walking his dog on the weekend, and thirty minutes later he saw his mate still walking the dog, in the same place. When he asked why he was walking the dog in circles, his mate replied that the in-laws were visiting! In preparation for their arrival, Yvette’s mother has asked me to start buying her lottery tickets – I think she’s hoping to win some spending money before she arrives!

I have to say that it’s overwhelming that so many people are coming over to visit. It’s certainly going to be hectic, but also a lot of fun. I just hope that everyone doesn’t try and make me laugh, I imagine that four broken ribs will make it very painful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home