Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Rog is Back!

Left the hospital yesterday morning, and am now staying at mom's. Haven't lived here for more than 10 years, but I'll be here for at least a week! Seems like the best of both worlds. I get good food on tap, and it ensures that mom and dad don't have a nervous breakdown because they can see that i'm ok ALL of the time (they have set up a roster to monitor me 24/7!).

It's been a real rollercoaster ride. I'm looking forward to gradually adding little (and sometimes large) tales of my adventures so that you can all share my journey.

For now, I just want to let everyone know that I am feeling very well. I'm looking forward to rehabilitation and getting back to being even better than normal.

I do wanna say a huge thanks to all of you for your prayers and tremendous support! I'll never be able to describe just how much of a positive effect this has had for me during this time. Thanks everyone!

Lastly, I have to say a special thankyou to Yvette! While this blog has mainly been about me and how I have dealt with major heart surgery, it's effected her just as much (well possibly not quite physically the same!). She's managed to hold things together, and even provide wonderful daily updates to everyone cataloguing my recovery. Behind every great man there is a great woman, I guess we all know who mine is! I must say that I'm thankful she didn't change my blog background to pink or anything during my absence though! :o) I'm happy to say that she will continue to be posting too, providing her take on my story.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have your ma & pa purchase the latest baby monitor and put it in your room? It would be so kool if they have, you can place your bedside requests without straining your voice!

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, oops, i did it again... it was me..

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home