Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Toothbrushing Troubles

Brushing teeth every day is as routine as putting clothes on before going out, covering your mouth when burping, and opening doors for sexy ladies. Me. I like my toothpaste mint flavoured (there isn't any other flavour anyway). There are so many styles - mint, cool mint, freshmint, triple mint etc etc. Colgate is my brand of choice, and they provide minty freshness in white, light blue, darker blue (the gel stuff) and white and blue stripes or even triple stripes (red, white and blue).

This morning I whacked open the tube of toothpaste and put the paste onto my brush and into my mouth as I have for 29 years. But the taste wasn't mint! I pulled out the brush and the toothpaste was yellow! I kid you not! It was bright yellow. I look on the tube, colgate of course. But instead of minty freshness, the flavour is propolis (whatever the hell that is!) written over a picture of a bee on a honeycomb! What the hell is this? No doubt it's from our visitors - but it's just not toothpaste..........


UPDATE
As if to spite me, someone has put out another "not" Colgate toothpaste in the bathroom - it's white with yellow stripes and called Kayu Sugi! I have abolutely no idea what this stuff is - but apparently it is good for teeth! Here are some pics for you all to see.

3 Comments:

Blogger JoyJoy said...

My boy,
You need to go out more being on that lil island is cramping your style!
That yellow stuff is HONEY (the thing that you lil islanders are so proud of!) and it is Colgate's latest product - they are really proud of it, btw
Thought you'd appreciate it, especially with all that argricultural knowledge within your family ;)
I must admit that toothpaste is weird too :P

5:44 PM  
Blogger groodle said...

Haha - when I first saw the toothpaste, I also thought - WTF??!! Very weird.

One thing I don't like abt Colgate toothpaste is - too much foam!! Eww - gag inducing.

Anyway the visitors brought stacks of toothpaste per my request. Boy goes through each tube so quickly its not funny. So economical me asked for cheap toothpaste from the visitors. Clever move! Now not only are our teeth clean, we are slightly more knowledgeable!!

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahaha... Yvette & Rog, I had some tough time today but the two of you have cheer me up... hahahaha... thank you

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home