Thursday, October 19, 2006

Dixit to fix it

Just got a phonecall. I'm meeting the surgeon on Thursday at 9am. His name is Mr Dixit. There's no stuffing around here, admitted to hospital on Monday, meet the surgeon a week later... I'm not sure if it's a good sign that they are rushing me through - is it because my heart condition is serious, or because they all like my smile?

Haven't heard from the handsome cardiologist, so I call to make an appointment to chat with him. He's away until Tuesday, I guess he's gone on a sailing holiday.

I'm coming up with a list of questions to ask the cardiologist and surgeon. They range from what are my chances of survival, to how big will the scar be? Will there be long term consequences - will I need to take drugs for the rest of my life? What are my chances of being an athelete afterwards? I have dreams of utilising my big atheletic heart to compete against my athelete friends, and beating them!

It's good to know that in a week's time I'll know what's going on, but the waiting is killing me. And my groin hurts from laughing - I nearly fell over when I heard the surgeon's name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home