Monday, October 23, 2006

Enjoying being back to work........

It's such a nice feeling being out of the house! Some sun on my pallid face, and fresh air in my lungs seems like the medicine I have been needing.

I'm back at work today, and it's a flurry as usual. I try to stay seated, and not get up and down too much - the blood pressure tablets make me exceedingly dizzy, but it's hard to do with so much going on. I'm catching the elevator between floors, and in the time it takes to travel between a single floor I'm sure a grandfather with a cane could walk up the entire 3 floors! And now there is a robotic female voice informing me of the floor number, it's voice drawls almost as slowly as the elevator itself!

It's "nice" to know that I haven't been missed for the last week - the only note on my door is one wishing me happy 30th birthday from last month (which at some point someone has changed to 80th!). There are no flowers in my office, no get well soon cards. No chocolates for me to eat as I wallow in self pity.

Most men would dream of a workplace where women outnumber men by at least five to one. Admittedly, most men dream of a workplace where they are outnumbered by young, gorgeous and sexy women, so my workplace only fulfills one criteria! But for all you men reading, I'm here to tell you that unfortunately the dream is so much better than the reality!

So i'm back to work now, and it's a nice feeling. Lots of good things going on, keeps my mind off my heart and my impending date with the surgeon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home