Tuesday, October 24, 2006

World's biggest heart!

Ok I knew that I was a pretty loving, caring guy, with plenty of love for all you women out there! But now I understand that there is a real reason for this - met the cardiologist this morning and he told me that some parts of my heart are 3 times bigger than normal, other parts twice as big!!! WOW! That is like a big heart - I wonder if I can enter the Guinness Book of Records? I'm also considering a career change after the surgery to take advantage of my ginormous heart. Something along the lines of endurance athelete, Tour de France rider perhaps? With a heart the size of mine, surely i'll be able to kick their butts!

More seriously, the consequences of a heart this big are pretty scary. The faulty valve is causing a buildup of back pressure, which is putting a lot of strain on my heart and lungs. If left unfixed, it'll fail at some stage and it'll be bye bye Rog. My cardiologist is right on the ball however, and this is not going to happen! He has told the surgeon I am a priority case - so the surgery should be in the next week or two. And when the surgery is over, no long term medications. I'll be as fit as a fiddle!

So the next looming appointment is with the surgeon on Thursday. It's actually a Public holiday, so it says alot about him that he's meeting me. I hope that he's not handsome too though - i'm scared i'm losing my hold over Yvette, as well as my sanity!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home